This job description should not be interpreted as all-inclusive. It is intended to identify the essential functions and minimum qualifications of this job. The incumbent(s) may be required to perform job-related responsibilities and tasks other than those stated in this job description. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign job-related responsibilities and tasks to this job at any time. Certain functions are understood to be essential; these include, but are not limited to, attendance, getting along with others, working a full shift, and dealing with and working under stress. Any essential function of this class will be evaluated as necessary should an incumbent/applicant be unable to perform the function or requirement due to a disability as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). Reasonable accommodation for the specific disability will be made for the incumbent/applicant only to the extent medically and reasonably feasible. EEO/AA/F/M/Vet/Disabled
JOB SUMMARY: To educate the general public concerning the functions and responsibilities of the Treasurer’s Office and promote public awareness of services available for taxpayers.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Conducts public awareness presentations to schools, neighborhood associations, realtor organizations, and other groups to inform citizens about the services and responsibilities of the Treasurer’s Office.
- Attends meetings and business functions as a representative of the Treasurer’s Office; answers questions related to the function of the Treasurer’s Office as needed.
- Coordinates community outreach and communications projects with local schools and organizations in order to increase public awareness of the Treasurer’s Office.
- Provides Administrative support duties for department managers as needed.
- Provides information to the press and other media as directed by department heads within the Treasurer's department.
- Coordinate schedule with media.
SECONDARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Cross-trains in each division in order to become familiar with basic functions of all departments; serves as a backup with customer service as needed.
- Assists with operational needs such as providing supply delivery to substations as needed.
- Manages social media accounts for the Treasurer’s Office.
- Handles live online chat sessions for the Treasurer’s Office.
- Performs other related duties as required.
PERSONNEL SUPERVISED: None
WORKING CONDITIONS: Duties are often performed at outside agencies within the County and often outside of standard work hours. The position must attend functions at various locations throughout the community.
REQUIRED SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES:
- Considerable knowledge of the services, functions, and responsibilities of the Treasurer’s Office and the processes used to conduct these duties.
- Considerable knowledge of the methods and techniques of presentation of public information sessions.
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing.
- Ability to plan and organize departmental projects and programs.
- Ability to establish and maintain a record-keeping system.
- Skill in the operation of a computer.
- Visual acuity is needed for the use of a computer screen.
- Ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing to individuals and groups.
- Digital dexterity is necessary for keyboard operation.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Completion of a bachelor’s degree in Public Relations, Business Administration, Marketing, or a related field; considerable experience with public relations, management, communications, or a related area; or any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the required skills, knowledge, and abilities.
- Employment is contingent upon the successful completion of a criminal background check.
- Must possess or be able to obtain a valid Arkansas Driver's License.
- Employment is contingent upon the payment of current and delinquent property tax.
- ACCESSIBILITY NOTICE: If you are an individual with disabilities who needs accommodation or you are having difficulty using or website to apply for employment, please contact email@example.com or call (501) 340-6110