Fiscal/Administrative Assistant #231107-1317AR-001
Are you a savvy administrative and fiscal professional with demonstrated experience in the financial industry?
The State of Connecticut, Department of Transportation (DOT) Division of Business Services seeks a qualified individual for the position of Fiscal Administrative Assistant (FAA) in the Accounts Payable Unit in Newington.
We invite you to explore this unique opportunity in State service!
BENEFITS AND BALANCE AT THE STATE OF CONNECTICUT
The State of Connecticut Ranked One of the Best Employers of 2023 by 'Forbes'. This national recognition comes from offering job growth, competitive benefits and flexible scheduling for our employees!
What we can offer you:
- Industry leading health benefits, including medical and dental coverage;
- Extensive pension plan and supplemental retirement offerings;
- Paid time off - including 13 paid holidays per calendar year;
- Professional growth and paid professional development opportunities; and
- A work culture that promotes a healthy work-life balance to all employees!
State of Connecticut is an eligible Public Service Loan Forgiveness employer, meaning you may be eligible to have qualifying student loans forgiven after 10 years of service. Click here for more information.
- Work Schedule: 7:30 AM - 4:00 PM, Monday through Friday, first shift
- Job Type: Full Time (40 hours per week)
- Location: Headquarters in Newington, CT*
*This position is eligible to apply for telework after successful completion of the working test period, and thereafter, in accordance with the Telework Policy. Employees in their initial working test period must work on site in the office
Due to the unique nature of this role, applicants should have demonstrated experience in complex clerical work in one or more fiscal/administrative functions such as accounting, accounts examining, budget management, grant administration, payroll, or purchasing.
As a Fiscal Administrative Assistant for the DOT, your duties may include:
- Managing the DOT utility accounts;
- Processing vendor payments;
- Processing Service Transfer Invoices;
- Processing Construction Estimates;
- Processing Consultant Agreement payments;
- Approving vouchers for payment;
- Reconciling and resolving payment discrepancies with Vendors; and,
- Performing any other related duties, as required.
More details can be found in the class specification.
WHO WE ARE
At the DOT, our mission is to provide a safe and efficient intermodal transportation network that improves the quality of life and promotes economic vitality for the State and the region. Learn more about our mission, vison, and values here!