This position can be located in Sacramento or Riverside County.
Under the direction of the Director and Manager for the Office of Communications, carry out public information, communications, and outreach efforts regarding mobile to various stakeholders (industry, environmental and equity) media and the public. Consult with division managers and subject matter experts to create and implement overall media strategy for communicating CARB's goals. Write, edit and post press releases, media advisories, social media and e-marketing content to update consumer and regulated audience by developing publicly accessible messaging of CARB programs, initiatives and regulations related to the full spectrum of CARB’s air quality and climate change programs. The proposed incumbent would have the ability to create web content using a content management system and craft e-marketing/listserv blasts, write text, shoot simple video and photos.
You will find additional information about the job in the Duty Statement.
The positions at the CARB may be eligible for telework with in-person attendance based on the operational needs of the position under Government Code 14200 for eligible applicants residing in California, subject to the candidate meeting telework eligibility criteria set forth in the CalEPA telework policy and/or future program need. Employees not residing in California are not eligible for telework. Regardless of hybrid telework eligibility, all employees may be required to report to the position’s designated headquarters location at their own expense, as indicated on their duty statement.
- Position located in a high-rise building
- Requires being in a stationary position, consistent with office work, for extended periods.
- Standard office environment (for example, artificial lighting, controlled temperature, etc.)
- Daily use of a personal computer, office equipment, and/or telephone.
- Additional working condition(s): May be required to travel staff Board members and/or attend events in the evenings.